It's Official...

Annabelle is not a baby anymore. She slept in her crib for the last time last night...sniff, sniff. We had not planned to transition to her new room until next weekend. Vinnie wanted to wait two weeks after we painted for the fumes to clear. Despite my anxious tendencies, I agreed. So why is Annabelle sleeping in her big girl bed today? Let's just say sheer determination by our two year old.

We (well mostly Vinnie) painted last weekend since we had a four day weekend. It was a ton of work but we are super happy with the results. As you can see, Jack and Hailey were a great help :)

Getting started on the yellow layer. My husband is a saint by the way. Normally we do the painting together but he didn't want me in the room since I am pregnant. I did come in (with a mask) and do the edges and corners and quickly exited.
Fast forward...the painting and animal border are finished.

We will hang these animal themes pictures- LOVE them!
And these awesome glitter animals. I have been eyeing them ever since we decided on an animal theme. They are beautiful in person. I am tempted to get more animals but we have plenty of pictures to transfer from her nursery.Dada and Annabelle put together her new bed. She LOVES to help and is actually quite mechanical.



Um, she really likes power tools too. She does a great impression of how a drill sounds. Vinnie and I die laughing. We let her use the electric screw driver since she wasn't doing damage to the bed or herself. She loved to push the button and rev up driver.

The bed is finished and Annabelle was testing it out. She jumped right in. We have been talking up her new room and bed for weeks. She was more than ready.


A more complete picture of the room. We still need to put up curtains/shade, order a dresser, and move her book case.

It was time for nap time and we took Annabelle to her old room to sleep in her crib. Immediately she said, "New bed, new bed." I snickered because I new that would happen. There is no way that after weeks of talking about her new bed and spending an hour putting together her bed that she wouldn't want to sleep in it.

We tried to explain that her new room didn't have curtains up, it was too bright, and the paint fumes (which she didn't understand). She was not taking no for an answer and we didn't have the heart to say no. As we were moving her bed into her nursery, Vinnie said, "Wow, this is really happening!" And the rest is history.
She transitioned to her new bed without even blinking. I love our girl- she is AMAZING!

No comments: