Our Gingerbread House

Things settled down after the holidays and Annabelle and I had some quality Mama and me time. We made a gingerbread house and had a ball! I was trying to buy some time before waking up Dada (he sleeps later than us) and remembered I had this gingerbread kit.


The kit was actually a few years old. I bought it to make with my Mom (a recent tradition with us) and I forgot to take it out. Then I thought she could make the house with Annabelle and I forgot again.


Love this picture. I am finally getting some great smiles!


Reaching for some candy. She actually doesn't know what candy is, but they look like her vitamins which she LOVES. She tried to eat a piece and it was a little hard being years old. She learned her lesson and spit it out ;)

Spreading the frosting (cement)
Adding the candy
Fast forward to the finished product. I had to put my camera down to help Annabelle. It was tricky!







1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun! And so yummy! You've inspired me to do something like that with Jonathan. He loves to help us cook. And to eat candy. Perfect!